Adrastos Build Thread

DSC_0261.JPG

After the culturing is complete I will be adding another powerhead or two and I am keeping an eye out for a nice, used wavebox ...

that is 57 pounds worth. I was lucky and there was a new shipment of lace rock this week.. I had the chance to dig around for some interesting ones...

They are much deeper than the they appear in the shot. The main piece is nearly the entire width of the tank. After these get cultured I'll add some more to fill it up.

This may not be correct but, when I was looking for lighting for my 75 I was told that 150w MHs wouldn't be enough for the tank.

Looks like a nice one - but that stainless is a bit tacky for me. Eventually I'll probably retrofit a canopy for it.. but for awhile it will be top-less

lights have arrived and I am stuck at work! I'll have them set up tonight... too bad no corals or fish in the tank yet.. but.. will have awesome lights!

Unfortuantely I don't have enough tools to complete the installation on the tank itself. but here are some pictures of one of the units and the stunner strip..

DSC_0270.JPG

DSC_0275.JPG

Pictures don't do it justice.. very bright.. should look nice in the tank. The stand/support is pretty nice too.. unfortuantely it requires to be attached to the stand.. which is rather hard to do since the tank is running now. It would be a snap to do in a new setup.. but a bit of a challenge. Thankfully I gave myself about 6" to manuver behind the tank.

Looks great, now you just need to start putting stuff in that tank! No chance you have a PAR meter to measure it's output huh?

Back