Advice to start in corals

cjavierpr

Reefing newb
Hi I have a 125 tank and i will love to start to introduce corals in my tank I have the following fishes: clown trigger, blue face trigger, sailfin, yellow eye, blue spot tang, majestic and flame angel and a hummblr damesel.

I know that some of my fishes are not compatibles with several corals but i will like to know which ones i could introduce in my tank.

Thanks

Carlos J

bright green candy cane's are an awesome coral that I haven't seen any of my fish pay attention to. Under actinics they light up my tank.

The lights that you have are important. Your angels (the majestic in particular) are really the fish that are going to eat corals.

You are probably limited to soft corals such as leathers and mushrooms. That's pretty much it. You can try other corals, but there's a good chance that fish will eat them.

not only the angel, but the clown trigger will mess up a bunch of your coral. they love new stuff to play with.

typically they say angels and clowns might eat sps and lps. I have an Koran Angel and Clown and they have never messed with any of my sps or lps. Fish are different even among thier own type. the most important thing is the light you have. Coral can be a lot more expensive than fish. You might want to decide the type of light and coral you want and buy fish according.
Hi I have a 125 tank and i will love to start to introduce corals in my tank I have the following fishes: clown trigger, blue face trigger, sailfin, yellow eye, blue spot tang, majestic and flame angel and a hummblr damesel.

I know that some of my fishes are not compatibles with several corals but i will like to know which ones i could introduce in my tank.

Thanks

Carlos J

Back