Ahhhh

Ashna

Reefing newb
ok so im gettin sooo frustrated with this. apparently i dont have a microbubble issue i have freakin dynos or dinos how ever you spell it....what do i dooo???? with out killing corals or fishies

well i been sucking them out with a turkey thing and with in a day there back. ive had then for about a month...i thought it was micro bubbles bcuz they appeared around the same time i got my skimmer up and running

Can you give us a complete run down of your system? Including what fish you have, how much you feed? Also how old are you bulbs? What is your flow like. How often and how much are you doing water changes etc . .

Little Fish is spot on. Need to know what's going on in your system. Any of the things she mentioned can lead to bad outbreaks. Could we also have a run down of your current parameters (salinity, pH, alk, etc)?

The best way to get rid of dinos is a blackout. It's also the least harmful to your other inhabitants. I'd turn the lights off (and if your tank gets ambient light, cover it in a sheet or blanket) for 4 days or so. Do a large water change and see how it looks, if you need to keep the lights out longer. During that time, you can turn the lights on for short periods of time to feed your animals.

Back