Aiptasia X First time use

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So this morning i noticed that i have 2 fairly big aiptasias about 3 inches away from my torch near the back of the tank where i can barely see them. So i went to the LFS today before work and got some aiptasia X. So tomorow morning after lights come on im going to nuke the basterds. Do i turn off all the flow in my tank before use ???

You shouldn't need to, just use the syringe and don't rush, the Aiptasia will actually try and eat it.

i heard amazing things about that. as far as i know it really works. i have had success with lemon juice as well never saw those things again

Yeah i had a couple small ones a couple months back but they where on a top rock, So i just removed the rock and Torched the F*&^%, Theses new ones a huge and there on my main bottom rock so i cant remove that rock.

I think the instructions do say to turn off the flow and leave it off for 15m while you use it - otherwise it floats around the aquarium and can harm other stuff it lands on. My fish also tried to eat it when I used it - stupid fish! lol IMO the stuff works great :)

Yes, the instructions say to turn off the flow. It can be hard to apply if you have high flow in that area. It will blow around.

Yeah I turn off all my powerheads when using Aiptasia X.

What I do is place the syringe nozzle about half an inch above the aptasia and drop a couple of beads into the tentacles first.
This would trigger a feeding response and then I can get in closer to the mouth.

I find that if I place the nozzle too close to the aiptasia before triggering the feeding response, it freaks out and hides.
If I trigger the feeding response first, the aiptasia does not get spooked and sometimes actually tries to grab the syringe nozzle too.

If the aiptasia is big enough, you can tell that Aiptasia-X works within a few seconds. The aiptasia appears to be trying to puke but the mouth is clogged and then it starts to die in a few minutes.

Yup i turned off all flow. I got the one i could see for sure but the one in back i couldnt really see it so i driped it as much as posible all over that little area. I left everything off for20 min. Hope i got the sucks

Seems to have worked, and as far as the Pepermint shrimp go, i had a trio and now only see 1 lol not sure where the rest went, i know its not the blue jaw they have ben missing now for some time. Plus they never did anything for the small aiptisias i had, i had to take care of them my self.

Back