Algae ID Please!

John over at ReefCleaners.org feels its cyano. I found the cause- in my haste to get my skimmer running after dosing the tank with Pimafix, I used some tap water for a water change. (I have a 100 gpd RO unit, but I'm lucky to fill a 5 gallon bucket after letting it run all day...)

Anyway, I tested my tap water after using for a change, and the Phosphates are off the charts.

I ran some of Kent Marines Phosphate remover in my sump, and that soaked up the phosphates. I syphoned a lot of it out during the last water change, and it appears that its not continuing to spread :^:

John over at ReefCleaners.org feels its cyano. I found the cause- in my haste to get my skimmer running after dosing the tank with Pimafix, I used some tap water for a water change. (I have a 100 gpd RO unit, but I'm lucky to fill a 5 gallon bucket after letting it run all day...)

Anyway, I tested my tap water after using for a change, and the Phosphates are off the charts.

I ran some of Kent Marines Phosphate remover in my sump, and that soaked up the phosphates. I syphoned a lot of it out during the last water change, and it appears that its not continuing to spread :^:
Hey Northstar,
On the RO unit....how big is your reserve tank? I was getting really slow production out of mine, and it was due to low pressure in the tank. If the pressure is low, there's a lot of filtered water that won't come out.

Back