Algae on LPS

hoopsdaddy

This is my reef club....
How do I get algae off of my LPS? This is the first time I have ever had this problem. It is attatching to the branches and I cant manually remove it without risking damage to the soft tissue.

Sometimes slime algae will stick to coral, but this can be alleviated by increasing flow and improving water quality. Algae will usually have a hard time sticking to a healthy coral.

Sorry work has been crazy and BB has started so I am just getting home again tonight. I will try to take picts and post Sat if I can. Added 2 more K-4's. This gets the flow rate to 25x's the volume.

Biff it looks like a little bit of red slime algea on the neon green candy cane. The other coral is a pink looking candy cane type coral. It has some green algae on it.
I had a big algae bloom after adding all the new live rock, but most of it is gone now. It is quickly being replaced with coraline algae. It is starting to cover the back glass and all the plastic in the tank. Two weeks ago the back glass is covered in green algae and now it has little dots of coraline all over it. I will do another 35g water change this weekend also.

Back