Algae problem on glass

recliner

Reefing newb
I have had a growing problem ever since I returned from a 7 day vacation a month ago. There are patches of algae growing on my glass that will not come clean with my magnet scrubber or my scraper on a stick (has a metal edge) My magnet gets the new stuff but where it is thick it seems really attached and won't come off no matter how long I scrub it with the magnet. The thick patches seem to be expanding even with regular glass cleanings now. My nitrate tests show 0 ppm.
I have gotten the top part cleaned using a razor blade but my tank is 30" deep so I can't reach the bottom half on the front of the tank. (it's built I to a wall so my only access is from the back of the tank)

Is there an easy (or hard) solution to my problem.

If its that hard it sounds like coralline. You can pick up an attachment for your mag-float that is like a razor blade and use that to scrape off the glass that is deeper in the tank

That easy blade looks perfect! I'll be ordering one for sure. Is there any way I can save on shipping so I don't pay $7 shipping on the $8 purchase? I checked eBay and amazon too and they were all about the same shipping. Either way I think it's worth $15, the reviews are all fantastic.

Great idea. Just placed my order. For about $20 including shipping I got the easy blade and a pack of 5 extra blades

Just used them and they worked perfect. My glass is probably cleaner now then it has ever been. Hopefully my Tangs and blenny with eat a lot of the algae floating in the water now.

Back