Algae Problem

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
My front glass fills up with green algae awefully fast. I could clean it atleast 2 times a day. All of my parameters are in check no nitrates, no phosphates, I am doing weekly water changes and it seems to do nothing. My tank has been setup for atleast 7 months and I have never battled with this before.

Any ideas?

You have phosphates. The algae is just eating it up out of the water column before it gets a chance to show up on the test :).

Decrease your photoperiod. Run some PhosGuard, PhosBan or RowaPhos per the directions on the container. What water are you using to do your water changes?

The dusty green stuff right?
When I HAD a tank,the dusty green crap would build up every so often.I have to regularly swipe the magfloat across it about once every three day.If it builds up any faster say everyday then I knew it was time to run chemipure or carbon again.My guess organic waste=food for diatoms.,carbon and chemipure removes it and it actually works(or use too)for me.

You have phosphates. The algae is just eating it up out of the water column before it gets a chance to show up on the test :).

Decrease your photoperiod. Run some PhosGuard, PhosBan or RowaPhos per the directions on the container. What water are you using to do your water changes?

RO water out of my own R.O system. I will try some phosguard. Thanks.

Back