Algae Sheets

kwsm

Reefing newb
Between the Foxface and the Bannerfish, they can and will mow down an average sized algae sheet on a clip in a few hours.

Is there a limit as to how much of this stuff I should be putting in? Or how often? The sheets I put in now are about 3" square.

As of right now I put it on a clip about once a day to once every 2 days. They still eat their frozen food and pellets as well.

Is it ok to put it in there every day if they're eating it like they are? Or should I limit the amount I give them?

Both the Foxface and the Bannerfish will pick at the Zoas if they get hungry enough. They both will nibble just enough to get the coral to close up, then they stay shut all day. That and obviously I don't want them to eat my corals anyway. :P

I put in enough that it will be eaten without any flying around the tank after about a half hour. The small pieces get eaten by my CUC. Maybe just a bit more frozen at mealtime will stop the zoe picking

I put in enough that it will be eaten without any flying around the tank after about a half hour. The small pieces get eaten by my CUC. Maybe just a bit more frozen at mealtime will stop the zoe picking

Would be sound advice, except when I feed, I feed a little at a time until the fish are no longer interested in the food. I don't feed a set amount. Just until they stop eating.

Is your banner a longfin,i heard those are not reef safe at all.Also try feeding spinach,zuchinni and broccoli to give them more variety,my angel LOVES it

Would be sound advice, except when I feed, I feed a little at a time until the fish are no longer interested in the food. I don't feed a set amount. Just until they stop eating.

Well then you answered your own question ,didn't you! :mrgreen:

Is your banner a longfin,i heard those are not reef safe at all.Also try feeding spinach,zuchinni and broccoli to give them more variety,my angel LOVES it

No, I have a Singular Bannerfish which, from what I've read, are like typical butterflies. Keep them fed and they leave your corals alone.

Thanks for the veggie tips!

When I actually feed my fish,I'll normally just give em one algae sheet and leave it until it gone.But my fish only get fed once a month,if that.

I only have one tang, but all of my fish will eat the algae sheets. I feed them about twice a week. If you want to feed them every day, you can do that. Just make sure it's actually getting eaten and not going to waste. In fact, with fish that have a tendency to nip at corals, you are better off feeding more frequently. If you can try to avoid them going hungry, your corals may last longer. :lol:

Thanks guys!

Yeah the Bannerfish seemed to take a liking to the Zoas if he gets hungry. Most of what I've read say that they just like Zoas. So hey, if he REALLY won't get off of them, maybe we just won't keep Zoas. The ones we have now are kind of boring anyway... >_>

Back