Alittle advice please :)

Jason04r

Reefing newb
Hello,

I've just purchased my new tank and it comes with a filtration system. It says its compatible with marine setup.

Heres alittle information:

• For fresh or marine aquariums; This is the exact same filter/pump found on popular Bio Cube Aquariums, for much less!
• Main biological filter or supplemental filtration
• Anchors with high power suction cups
• Complete filtration material included: Sponge, Ceramic Bio Media, carbon
• Pump Included
• Space for submersible heater
• Unique Wet/Dry filter for aquarists looking for an inexpensive bio filter and with no space on the back of an aquarium for a Power filter.
• BF-200 for aquariums up to 200 liters (50 gallons) by itself (larger as a supplement). Includes a 9 watt (185 gph) pump.
• Easily connects to a UV Sterilizer, something an HOB (aquarium power filters CANNOT do). See the picture above, (far right, pictured with a Terminator 5 Watt UV Sterilizer)
• Excellent for use in marine aquariums, even larger reef aquariums as for instance 3 can be easily placed in the back of a 150 gallon aquarium (I would also add additional power heads such as the Via Aqua 1300)
• Can be filled with live rock crumbles and oolite sand (the sand MUST be place in a nylon bag and place in the bottom of a chamber) in reef aquariums for excellent nitrate control.

I just wanted to know if i should use this system or i should not use it. I'm going to have live rock in the tank also.

Thanks for the help.

Jay

Just from the little info blip, im going to guess its not going to a real help in a saltwater tank. Buy a good skimmer instead, in the end it will be much cheaper, and easier to maintain with much more beneficial impact on your water quality.

post a link or website,we'll want to see the tank not just some info but others will chime in

Yeah, post the actual tank. If it is set up like a bio-cube it would be fine like it is. That is exactly how I run mine at the moment. I'd pull the sponge however and find a small skimmer like the Hydor slim skim to pop in that chamber.

Attachments

• WP_000030.jpg
    WP_000030.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 799
I wouldnt throw it away you can use it to run media in bags if needed but other then that I agree with little_fish get a good skimmer and just use that filter to clear up any water problems you may run into down the road.. live rock a good skimmer and a couple powerheads is all you will need for filtration.. :D

Thanks for the info.

I'm planning on having a sump in the future with a good skimmer in there. Would it be okay for my first cycle?

Back