All around best lighting for most corals?

I still think Leds are overpriced don't get me wrong I would love to try a pair. Big tanks take big lighting. On a nano tank I see them working. But on a bigger tank I don't see them being good enough. At my LFS the Marineland rep said he wouldn't trust his coral to the reef,capable so what's that tell you.

I still think Leds are overpriced don't get me wrong I would love to try a pair. Big tanks take big lighting. On a nano tank I see them working. But on a bigger tank I don't see them being good enough. At my LFS the Marineland rep said he wouldn't trust his coral to the reef,capable so what's that tell you.

There is a huge difference between the reef capable fixtures and ones like AI or Ecotech. I wouldn't trust my tank to the Reef Capable either.

So far, my experiment into LED is ummm, not enthusiastic. I've noticed my SPS browning out, or plain dying under them, as opposed to my 250 watt MH fixtures. Not saying I am ready to call it quits yet, just my experience. That and I've also noticed a huge color change in corals kept under LED as well.

Back