Almost Like Starting Over

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Well, The Tank Is Once Again Crystal Clear, All Water Test Are Right On Including Nitrates Which Are About 10. I Have No Brown Algea At All Since Whatever Happened To The Tank The Last Time. Still Trying To Figure That One Out. Now I Am Changing My Emperor 280 Filter Out 2x's A Month So It Doesnt Become My Bio-filter. And I Am Saving For A Sump And About 20 Lbs Of Good Live Rock Which Is About 6.99 A Lb Here In Nj. I'm Thinking Of Finally Adding Some Green Chrois In About A Week. We Will See How It Goes. Also, Is There Anyway Of Starting Coraline Algea With Out Having Live Rock In The Tank ???? I Just Have About 25 Lbs Of Base Reef Rock Not Live Rock .just Curious About That ???

Go to your LFS or a friend that has an established tank and get them to scrape some coralline off their glass or equipment. Put the scrapings in a baggy and then add them to your tank. That should kick start coralline growth in your tank. But your calcium levels will have to be on target to sustain it.

yep..or try when buying new rock that coraline comes as a hitchiker..be sure that the rock has this purple or pink algae on it!!...

Glad things have gotten back to normal Ray.Try what Biff suggested or just buy a small rock or get a small piece from a friend,it doesn't have to be big,just have some kind of coralline already on the rock.

Glad to hear your tanks on track Ray.
If you can get hold of a small piece of rock with coralline on it,All you gota do is keep your calcium up and use a tooth brush to "brush" the coralline.That will cause it to release spores into your water,which will make it grow all over the place.

Glad to hear the tank is going good. Good advise from everyone, so I have nothing else to add. Good luck and keep us posted.

even a snail or hemit crab with coraline on it's shell will work. i have bought several turbo's from my lfs that allready had it growing theie shell.

Back