Reef enthusiast
Nov 11 - 3 snails, 3 hermits
Nov 19 - Two Clowns, snails
Nov 25 - 1 emerald crab, snails
Dec 06 - 1 Sea Hare, Anthilias
Dec 16 - Royal Gramma, Frogspawn
Dec 23 - Two shrimp, Purple firefish
Jan 17 - Trumpet Coral, Colt Coral
Jan 26 - Small Orange plate, Frogspawn, Finger Leather, Orange Button Polyps, GSP, Close Brain and lyretail anthias
Feb 7 - Coral Beauty - went back two weeks later for nipping.
Feb 25 - Coral Beauty gone - sebae anemone, green leather, gorgonian, torch, tuxedo urchin, porcelain crab.
Mar 1 - Christmas Wrasse to replace coral beauty.
Mar 18 - Aussie Gorgonian, blasto, and two as yet unidentified.

I am actually worried I am moving too fast now, but I am a sucker for buying from lfs when I'm out of town, it's the only way I get a good selection and price. I worry because of the four fatalities I've had since November(Sea Hare, frogspawn, anemone and clown).

wouldn't worry about corals or cleaner crew but watch the fish if you got a 46 gallon bowfront and all the fish in your list i hope you got a good skimmer. take a brake for a while and let the corals grow in cause once you get alot you will see corals grow fast and some will sting each other possibly. Plus give your systems biological filter a chance to catch up with this load. you gonna have to do like the rest of us addicts here and buy a bigger tank, i have 2 now down from 3, one for softies( leathers, mushrooms, anenomes) and other for lps and ricordias, and zoos.

I have a 46 with five fish....was six, but had a fatality yesterday. I have an aqua-c remora pro skimmer. I'm thinking of geting rid of my one false perc, and getting a pair of different breed clowns in a month or so. That will be it for stocking other than the odd piece. Plans are already in place to shop for a 110.....lol

For those who noticed, corals tend to be bulk buys now as I found a great place at least half the price of my lfs. Unfortunately its a couple hour drive, so if I make a trip, I tend to buy my moneys worth.

I think you are doing fine. you can add corals fast and fish need to go slow. Show up a pic or 12!

-Doc

I will tomorrow, I'm waiting for everything to open up after the new additions. I also did a water change and added Marine SAT, blew off rock with turkey baster, so my tank wasn't "picture pretty"

I agree, it's really only fish that you need to watch the stocking rate with, and I don't think you have added fish too quickly.

Back