and there be ligth!!

rigosharon... i'm considering those same t5 lights (even the same size). just wondering where you got them (LFS or online) and how it has been so far...

i got them at my LFS FOR 40$....dayligth 12000k, actinic 05...18 watts each...so far they been great...even temp dropps to 80..since i removed my compact and left my tank without hood...no probs so far

thanks for the response. as a newbie, i am confused about this watts/gallon thing. i am actually thinking about the current usa model T5 (24w x 2). do you think this will be enough for me to keep soft corals/ LPS and even possibly anemones in the future?

anytime..for softies is said that you need at least 4-6 watts per gallon, heres a article posted by jonh that explains the importance of ligthting..
Reef Lighting ..i tried once to keep rasta leather corals but they die..due to my tank wasnt ready..i lack of ligth...now i upgraded ligth in both my tanks and my temp is good now 80-78 f.cause i was using compact on regular hoods..the best way is removing the hoods for less heat and better gas exchange..so soon ill be adding leathers again..plus addition weekly of trace elements..ive succesfuly keep condys anemones and carpets..( i removed the carpets cause they move cosntantly and my powerheads well you know...) now they are doing great under the new ligths..i feed them 2wice a week...remember..the goal of softies and anemones is keeping zooxanthelae alive...for that its needed 4-6 watts per gallon..

thanks for the response. as a newbie, i am confused about this watts/gallon thing. i am actually thinking about the current usa model T5 (24w x 2). do you think this will be enough for me to keep soft corals/ LPS and even possibly anemones in the future?

The Current Nova fixture that comes with 4 x24w would be better for soft corals and LPS.I'm not so sure on the anemone though.Personally,the watts per gallon is a guideline and doesn't apply well to T5-HO lighting.

Back