And We're Live! Buddys 75g Setup

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6Efm6-jkQ"]Buddys 75g Reef with LEDs - YouTube[/ame]

running the blues at about 50% and whites at 60%. corals have opened up niceley and are adjusting well. I may have lost my birdsnest (a new frag i bought maybe a month ago) and the fungia that i've always struggled with during the black out procedure but I can replace them in the future when everything settles. Video was taken with iPhone so its a bit blurry and at times, has trouble adjusting to the colors. Hope yall can see the shimmer effect on the sand and rock, its insaneeee and these LEDs make the colors pop for sure. I found someone locally that has a PAR meter, hes trying to sell it... Im hoping he will loan his out for me to get some readings

Last edited:
never mix bidding on ebay with beer... it becomes personal. needless to say, i have roughly 15 beauties coming in by thursday.

Needless to say, i will be sleeping on the couch tonight...then again, there i will have an amazing view of my new corals!

Last edited:
New stuff is here! I snagged a few photos to share with yall; I wish my camera was able to capture the true colors and actually zoom/focus on the corals. I took a few photos when the white and blue lights were on before the timer shut the whites off. The blue actinics kind of wash out the picture but I did manage to snap a photo of the new mean green favia with the blue actinics on after the white lights went off. The colors under actinic lights are trippy :shock:

IMG_0251.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

the chalice to the right is my favorite!

DSC01444.jpg

the coloration on this acan is insane! looks just like a tie die t-shirt:^:
DSC01447.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

actinics only

DSC01458.jpg

and I thought this was a cool picture of the tank, whites on left, blues on right... compare and contrast :D

IMG_0258.jpg

thanks, had a little issue this morning... one of my snails or hermits knocked over the big rainbow acans onto the mean green favia which ended up killing on of the favia's heads but the other 3 look fine so hopefully it will recover

Nice tank!!! One question about your lighting. Are you using a controller for the LEDs to simulate night/day and dawn/dusk conditions? I am currently in the research phase of an LED light fixture for my 75 as well.

thanks, had a little issue this morning... one of my snails or hermits knocked over the big rainbow acans onto the mean green favia which ended up killing on of the favia's heads but the other 3 look fine so hopefully it will recover

Cant tell you how many corals ive lost due to that happening. Cant wait to "start over" so i can make sure that never happens.

my purple linkia star did it to one of my chalices too, it sat in one spot for a while and then i noticed about 25% of the flesh on the chalice was hanging off away from its skeleton and the next day that portion was dead. its just now recovering and growing back over that spot. the favia looks like its fine, half of the mouth has regrown in such short time so im sure it will make a full recovery

Update: Mag drive 3 came in today, went ahead and installed it with the biopellet reactor. I can actually use the ball valve I installed to regulate flow where as it was wide open with the maxijet on it. Huge difference! Heres a few photos, I moved all of the newer corals up on the rocks to fine tune their final locations. So far, all is looking well. Second, I picked up my last bit of mr. coral frags the other night from a local reefer who organized another group buy... Out of the 9 frags I had ordered, 2 Were DOA, 3 were free replacements from the screw ups last order, and the 4 where complete different corals than what I chose; 2 look identical so needless to say... will no longer be doing business with mr. coral. Those corals are currently acclimating on the bottom.

Heres some photos for ya, also I fell in love with an engineer goby at a friends so I plan on buying one in the future.. On a side note, I have 6 fish in total right now and can assume I'm near my stocking limit. I have the yellow tang, the coral beauty, clown pair, and the 2 damsels.... I want to add an engineer goby and 3 anthias that my LFS is supposedly ordering for me but with that being said, i know im over my stocking limit and will have to hand over a few fish. I want to keep the tang, and the clowns.. as for the coral beauty and the damsels... thats where i need other opinions. How many fish can I have in my setup? Keep in mind I have plenty of live rock (130lbs + ) and hiding places for my fish and the tank is well established now hitting its 10 month mark. Which fish should I get rid of and which should I keep? Everyone gets a long fine as of now so it makes my decision even harder.

Duncan
IMG_0285.jpg

Nuke Greens
IMG_0290.jpg

Green Candy Cane
IMG_0292.jpg

Pom Pom Xenia
IMG_0291.jpg

Wall Hammer
IMG_0299.jpg

Rainbow Acans, Superman Acan, Orange Ricordea

IMG_0294.jpg

Teal/Red Acan

IMG_0295.jpg

Golden Chalice, Serpents Blood Chalice, Neon Toadstool, Blue Lagoon Favia

IMG_0296.jpg

Watermelon Chalice, Meteor Chalice, Pink Chalice, Hell boy Favia, Mean Green Favia

IMG_0304.jpg

XMAS Blasto and Zoas

IMG_0303.jpg

Panoramic Tank

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

Also, you may notice 2 things in those pictures... 1. Scraped all the coralline algae off of the glass... 2. That bastard of an urchin is back in the tank until i can find him a new home. he was starving in the sump and began loosing his spines

i know :D and you can see the damage the urchin is doing in the last picture on the rock towards the left side of the picture

Back