anemome help

cfortin

Reefing newb
I have a 24 gallon tank with two clowns, two anemones, some easy soft coral. Here is the deal, I have a Sabae anemone that has been in my tank for about twoi months now. Just a couple of days ago the anemone detached himself from the only place he has been, with a hosting clown and went behind all of my rocks.There is minimal water flow and literally no light. I cant get to it unless I remove all of my rock. Is the anemone a gonner or what should I do. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thanks

I had one do the same thing if they dont like it they will move I think but what are your peram. it could be an indicator thou I am no expert tho maybe someone with more exp. will chime in

I have one too, quite the fickle character. Recently my anenome has found a spot it likes and has for the most part stayed put. Took a few weeks though.... . Previously it did the same thing, went under some rocks with very little light...and not the best water flow. I let it go and it made its way out to another spot until it found the one it is at now. I have had to move a couple of other corals because of it and I have been told it will move until it is happy.

My overall opinion is your tank might be alittle immature for an anenome.
Most sabae's tend to like the sand or base rock area.If your clown is host it.The clown is probley feeding it.Also if the tentacles have not returned an off white or a cream color it has lost its zooxanthellae wich means its not benifiting for the light much anyway.Try to suplement feed it some tawd frozen cube food.If need be use some tweesers till it closes around what your offering.

Back