anemones and coral

Kwater

Chill
im getting really sick of all of the ocean cought anemones. where can i get a good quality 100 percent tank or farm raised anenomys. i will never buy an ocean cought one.

and does anyone know of a sitte or company that sells tank or farm raised coral.

from know on all of my coral is tank raised, all my fish are tank raised and all of my rock is gona come from the dude in flordia that drops normal rock in the ocean for five years and then takes it out. before we know it a;; of the reefs are gona look like hawii reefs. no fish and no coral hardly. i thaink its weird that we just destroy the only cool thing left on the earth so that our tanks look good. when we can easly raise it all in captivity. so if u guys know any sites on where tobuy tank raised or farm raised coral that would be great. thanks. and sorry for being so mad. i saw alot of stuff today when i was coral shopping.

check out liveaquaria.com they sell tank raised corals. I have never ordered any corals online but i know that people here have had good experiences with this site

Brian

to bad your not closer i have 5 green bubble tips now, they split like crazy, and mine hide in shaded areas more than in wide open light.

I understand your concern, and I applaud you for doing something about it! Conservation is a very important part of this hobby.

Bubble tip anemones are probably the easiest to come by, as far as anemones that have been captive-bred. Because they split so readily in our tanks. Other anemones would be pretty iffy (for example, I believe 100% of carpet anemones in the hobby are wild caught).

As for corals, it is pretty easy to find aquaculture or maricultured corals online and in stores. They will usually be labeled as such. Plus, since corals grow pretty easily in tanks, you could consider anything fragged from someone else's tank as having been harvested sustainably.

Fish, well, that's a little trickier. Some fish just do not breed in captivity, for example, tangs. But for lots of fish, there is no reason to buy wild-caught, as there are plenty of captive breeding programs. Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums has a whole page devoted to captive-bred fish you could check out, as do some of the other big livestock dealers.

Thanks. And that's a disappontment. Because belive it it not a carpet anemone was the one I was looking for. But I won't give up until I find one. But I am glad that more anenomeys are being captive raised. Because I have read and learned that every anenimey that is taken out of the ocean the clown fish that lived in it will die. That's the reason I will NEVER buy a wild raised one. Thanks for the help and I will keep my eye out for bubble tip anenomeys.

Back