Angel Oddness

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
Just curious about some behavior I observed between my angels last night. They had squirreled themselves away in a hole and were swimming around each other in the tight confines. First my African Flameback would swim sideways and vibrate, then swim in a circle around the Cream. Then they would change it up. The African Flameback would be still and the Cream would swim sideways, quiver, and then swim in a circle around the Flameback. Over and over again, they alternated this strange behavior. There was no nipping or chasing, just this bizarre little back and forth dance. It went on for about 5 minutes, and then they both just swam away and went on about their individual business.

Anyone ever seen this before? Have any ideas as to what could be going on?

Sounds a lot like clown submissive and dominance behavior, I would guess something similar even if I've never heard of this specific thing before

I've seen my smaller maroon clown doing something similar to my larger maroon clown, so that's what I thought of first. But I couldn't find anything about angels doing it, much less different types of angels.......

You're on, Kelz! I emailed the question to WWM. We'll see what they have to say about it, and if/when I get an answer, I'll post it back here!

According to Bob Fenner, this is a mating display, although gamete release only occurs if/when they both swim up towards the surface. I highly doubt this would be a fertile pair though. But at this point, i guess i can consider myself the proud owner of a bonded Flameback/Cream pair!

Back