Angels

Nedim

Reefing newb
Are angelfish reef safe? In particular coral beauties and flame angelfish.

Has anyone ever successfully kept dwarves together? The reason I ask is that we have alot of dwarf angelfish in one of our tanks at the store, and they never quarrell.

Your system is not large enough for more than one pygmy angel. You can try more than one if they are small enough but will eventually become a problem. As for the reef, Ive kept both of the angles you mentioned without any problems, but, you can never tell with angels. They can be just fine for a while and then change. so if you do put angels in your system you will need to watch them for compatability with the rest of the system. I would not attempt to keep more than one in any system less than 55 gal and then introduce small size and at same time. then you just need to wait and see how it goes. There is no garuntee with angels but i intend to keep a couple in mine. good luck keep us posted.

jhnrb said:
Your system is not large enough for more than one pygmy angel. You can try more than one if they are small enough but will eventually become a problem. As for the reef, Ive kept both of the angles you mentioned without any problems, but, you can never tell with angels. They can be just fine for a while and then change. so if you do put angels in your system you will need to watch them for compatability with the rest of the system. I would not attempt to keep more than one in any system less than 55 gal and then introduce small size and at same time. then you just need to wait and see how it goes. There is no garuntee with angels but i intend to keep a couple in mine. good luck keep us posted.

Im not sure if I agree jhnrb. I have a 50 gallon tank with a potter and flame. And they get along just fine. You just have to introduce them into your tank at that same time. I guess other have different experiences with angels. Do what best for your tank!

Back