angry chromis ;(

lilduud

Reefing newb
one of my two chromis beats up the other on a regular basis.. it was not always a problem but has become so bad that the one being beaten up changes colour regularly... the interesting thing is the one whos doing the bullying was introduced after the one being bullied. i dont think its going to stop so i am considering trading them in for two new ones in a hope that they will be more compatible... any thoughts?

That's what they do until only one is left.The only thing I can think of is to add more so the anger is spread out or rearrange the rocks.Keeping the lights off for a few days wouldn't hurt either.I believe replacing those two with two more will end up putting you in the same situation.

yea that was my initial thought its just such a shame because the first thing i introduced was a two chromis who loved each other and never ever ever fought... unfortunately the smaller one woke up one night dazed and "killed himself"? by bumping into the glass and rocks over and over again... i noticed him before i went to bed and found him dead in the morning... anyway i bought him a damsel and of course he was mean as hell so i replaced the damsel with another chromis whos beating him up even worse!... if only the original homie never died ;(

Back