another one gone..

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
So I get home from work tonight...I'm messing around with the tank and i notice my longnose hawkfish is missing. Im looking all around the tank and guess where he is...behind it. Dead. Are you kidding me!? I loved that fish! I don't even know how he got out. There is barely any space for him to get out! I'm so mad right now! My husband is fuming too bc he bought him. Ugh. That just ruined my night...all I can keep are clowns who never move from one spot..this sucks.

Thanks guys. I'm a little calmed down about it now. I only had him for like a month! This is why I like corals...they don't jump out lol

B, I'm on the other side of you, I've had good luck with fish (to a point) great luck with crabs, but NO luck on coral. I feel for you. Want to send some coral my way?

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to get an all glass hood. I'll cut out where the skimmer goes but everything else will be covered no gaps.

Ah, that sucks :(

But dont get a glass lid. That will prevent gas exchange and keep your tank really hot. If you check out the DIY section there are several links on how to make your own screen top.

Hmm okay. I'll be checking out the DIY section. But don't I have to have a barrier between my light and the water so the bulbs don't get wet?

Screen top is the way to go, but, I'm with you about the moisture on the lights, that concerns me too with ours...I think we're supposed to avoid it.
I have half plexiglass and half screen and freak out when water beads up on the lights above the screen. not sure what we're supposed to do about it.
And I'm so sorry about your fish Brittany.

Back