anthelia

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Here it is, looking a little sad in the pics, but I'm surprised how quickly its picking up!

OurfirstCoral002.jpg

OurfirstCoral001.jpg

OurfirstCoral003.jpg

Apparantly they grow like dandelions, which has me a little nervous. Once I started searching, most posts coming up were how to tame it.....lol

very pretty. I have never seen that coral before. Quite pretty. I think I want to add one to my 125 for my angels to look at. Nice pics. You must have taken lessons from lionfish

-Doc

They are supposedly very hardy, low to moderate flow, low to moderate light....But I'm a little nervous about this thing spreading, and heres why

OurfirstCoral006.jpg

Taken last night when introduced

OurfirstCoral008.jpg

Taken at 4:30pm today....

Now I'm pretty new to this, but those little buggers weren't there in the first picture were they? lol

The cloudiness is just my purple up

Last edited:
i use to LOVE that stuff, but know i cant get rid of it fast enough. i have it growing on the bare bottom of my frag tank and it is starting to creep its way up the front acrylic.

You may need to keep their growth in check, but lucky for you, clove polyps are a lot more "desirable" than say, kenya trees, so you will probably be able to sell them or trade them in at your LFS for nice stuff.

I have some feathery anthelias that looks real pretty flowing with the current.They have tripled in number in the past three to four months.Congrats on yours and good luck with them.

Back