Anthias

Bartletts are super aggressive eaters.They could handle their own against tangs and lyretails could too.I'm keeping them with a powder blue,purple tang and three pyramids butterflies who are super aggressive at feeding time.

I would QT them in the 58 till they are eating what you normally feed. Capt suggested to me a while back an anti-paracitic food that you can buy at most fish places for internal parasites. This is the biggest problem with anthis. It takes a while to get them to eat it, and then just follow directions for feeding them.
I would agree with reeffreak that once they are adjusted they are very active and aggressive feeders. My concern is when they are first introduced to the tank. After they settle in, they will jump in there with the best of them to get a chunk of mysis.
Let us know what you decide.

Might have to pick some up. What's the name I the food?

As for the bartlet's, not on my stores latest fish list...(have to check next month)

Probably a good thing... That way my tank has another month to settle

would probably work better than the stuff I use. It is hard to get them to eat it. I would try the stuff reeffreak suggested. Let me know how it works for you. I may have to switch.
Reeffreak, do you just soak mysis or cyclopeeze in it before you feed? Do your fish eat it well?

I've only use it on anthias and never use anything else to compare it to.They consume it well,more aggressively each day as they get more comfortable.It's medication you soak the fish food in,I don't think any fish will eat it with gusto.

Well good news....I think.

My local fish store had a client that need a large order in time for xmas so he tried to order in my Bartletts again and this time they were available.

They will be in on Wednesday and will then be QT'd for 2 weeks so I should have them early in the new year :)

have you already got the tangs? I would not put that many tangs of any species in a 120. I only had 2 in my 125, and one died later on (9 months later) as they started to grow and compete for space more.

grats on the anthias though. Good luck with them :)

Hi all,

Thought I would post an update on these... I lost my male :( He was not doing great when he arrived but the other two are doing wonderfully.

IMG_2016_web.jpg

Back