anthias

BCReefer

pro stoner, newb reefer
just wondering what the min tank size for anthias are. they seem like a lively fish, i dont know if my 55 would be big enough. I'd probably wait for space to clear up too, as im looking into a lawnmower blenny to mow the mossy algae, which brings me to 6 fish in my 55.

6 fish in a 55 is a very full tank, i wouldnt add any more.

Plus anthias need to be in a school of at least 3, feed multiple times per day and require a mature reef to do the best. Probably not a good choice for your tank.

I think it depends on the type of fish honestly. I have 9 fish in my 55 but none of them really "swim" around like traditional fish.

If you want really swimmy type fishes then yes you need less fish or bigger tank but for cave dwelling fish like gobies and blennies or seahorses the number really doesnt apply as much.

Obviously the more mature the tank and the more live rock and filtration/skimmer etc the more you can have.

I always eye the anthias I think they are really pretty but like little fish above said they do require more frequent feedings and swim a lot so I have always avoided them.

Back