Anyone still make custom glass aquariums?

x19

Reefing newb
So I've been trying to find companies that still make custom glass aquariums. So far I've only found three:

1. Reef Savvy
2. Glass Cages
3. Miracle Aquariums (Canada)

I've sent requests for quotes to these companies and a bunch of others but nearly everyone only works with Acrylic. Reef Savvy hasn't responded yet and I'm not thrilled with Glass Cages options. Anyone know of other companies that still work in glass?

Thanks.

Regardless of the quote, I'd pass on glass-cages. I've seen nothing but horror stories with their tanks, and their build quality (edges of the glass/silicone work) is usually horrendous.

Where are you located? I happen to have a friend who builds tanks and makes great looking starphire. Has a GLOWING reputation. Definitely who Im using to build mine.

Regardless of the quote, I'd pass on glass-cages. I've seen nothing but horror stories with their tanks, and their build quality (edges of the glass/silicone work) is usually horrendous.

Yeah, I've read a couple of horror stories as well. I've heard nothing but good things about Reef Savvy but I'm reluctant to spend a significant amount of money without being able to get at least a couple of competitive quotes.

Marines_Wife said:
Where are you located? I happen to have a friend who builds tanks and makes great looking starphire. Has a GLOWING reputation. Definitely who Im using to build mine.

I'm in Chicago. Are you in CA? Does your buddy ship?

Waddi said:
I know that my buddy has dealt with Miracle Aquariums regularly, and has no problems ever.

Miracles did the tank for Sonny at RimlessReef.com which is all I need to know they're great, but their in Canada which means shipping is going to be a real bitch.

Last edited:
Miracles did the tank for Sonny at RimlessReef.com which is all I need to know they're great, but their in Canada which means shipping is going to be a real bitch.

Yep tell me about it. if you lived anywhere near Maine, i could probably help you out, and take it across the border for you to pick up, but you live in Chicago! :D

Is there anybody local to you?
What do local commercial aquarium installer/maintenance companies do for their local restaurants and other clients? They have to get their tanks from somewhere. We have a tank supplier here in Houston for instance. They are not cheap though. But your LFS might know.

Is there anybody local to you?
What do local commercial aquarium installer/maintenance companies do for their local restaurants and other clients? They have to get their tanks from somewhere. We have a tank supplier here in Houston for instance. They are not cheap though. But your LFS might know.

So far every local aquarium installer company I've talked to has said the same thing, "No one really works with glass anymore." One company actually referred me to glasscages. Two of the four fish stores I frequent have all said they only work with acrylic for custom tanks though I still have two more to contact. All told I've probably heard "we only do acrylic" from 8 or 9 local companies...

Has anyone had any personal experience with Signature Aquariums? I am thinking of a 30 gallon rimless starphire tank and am curious as to their quality.

Back