Aquaionizer and protein skimmer

Okay. So basically if I already have the RO then I save some money on the conditioner . I think this is good reason to keep it :-)

You will need to get a deionizer to add the RO filter to get good water.
also no need to buy live sand, all the sand will become live anyways and I fail to see how the sand in those bags are still live after being without water and stored in unknown conditions. Just get the dry stuff. But don't get crushed coral either

Two more questions. First question, I did some research and it looks like it is better to use live rock in the sump then the bio balls. Is that true?
Second question , what I can use to safely clean the aquarium before I start anything?
Tommorrow I will post some pictures of my tank.

Yep, it's better to use rocks instead because bio balls trap all types of crap and lead to nitrate issues...and a good solution to use is a vinegar and water solution.

I just found out that before my friend gave the tank he washed it with a mix of water and CLOROX!!! He told me to just rinse the tank with water couple times before I do anything to it.
Will vinegar get rid if the chlorine?

No, but you can use some tap water conditioner (from the LFS or pet store) when you rinse it, and that will take care of any residual bleach.

No, but you can use some tap water conditioner (from the LFS or pet store) when you rinse it, and that will take care of any residual bleach.
Great. :bounce:
Guys I would like to open a new thread where I will post pictures of the tank and other stuff I got from my friend. Should I do it here in "New to Reefing" or "Tank Showcase" ?

Back