Aquarium Stand

x19

Reefing newb
Hi all, in planning for my tank upgrade (same display tank, just adding a sump and other new equipment) I realized my stand was too small for my planned 20 Long sump. Instead of buying a new stand and seriously biting into the budget, I'm looking to build one.

Now, I can follow directions but aside from some really rudimentary stuff I am not experienced in any sort of construction.

I designed this stand based on some instructions off the internet, but wanted to run it by you before beginning the build this weekend.

Questions: Will this design be stable? Will it resist a small child climbing on it without falling on said child? Will it support the 700 pound combined weight of a 55 gallon tank and 20 gallon sump? (Only a 30 gallon DT now, but you never know.)

Thanks for your input:
5374999493_089273ea7c.jpg

Full size link.

should be just fine, only thing I would change is the bottom center brace, if you remove it and skin the bottom with plywood you can paint it and seal it with silicon, when the flood comes you may save a floor

That should hold anything you put on it. I build my own out of 2x4s for my 125 and it's solid. I used 3.5" screws and metal corner brackets for extra bracing of the uprights.

Back