Aquarium stand

613ReefGuy

Reefing newb
Hey everyone. I found someone locally who is selling a stand and an aquarium for a very reasonable price. The tank is 72"x18" and I believe 22" high. My problem is that the stand is from a different set up of his, and the stand is actually 72"x24" for the footprint.

Should this be a concern of mine? And how easy is it to reinforce the stand to accomodate for the weight being distributed differently than it was originally designed for.
The whole set up looks nice, and at $200 bucks, I wouldnt mind finding a way to make this happen.........without having 125 gallons of water on my floor one morning :)

Thanks guys and gals

Thanks Zissou. I took your and little fish's advice and built from that design you gave. I went a little bigger than needed, and added a couple of center braces to allow me to put a platform in to hold my sump down below. I have it posted in the tank showcase forum, 65 Gallon tank.

I appreciate your advice, thanks once again. This smaller stand cost me next to nothing, and I much prefer it over my 220 dollar cheap pine stand from the LFS. LFS is going to exchange it for a 125 Gallon tank....so free upgrade :)

Back