aquariumgirl's Reefs

Here is an updated picture. The new additions are: frogspawn, blue sponge, green, leafy macroalgae, a few more mushrooms, three large snails, and two blue-legged hermit crabs.
Nano-July-25-2005.jpg

Frogspawn.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments ! :D

minireefer: they are porous sea stars or marble sea stars or elegant sea star (they have so many names :shock: )

openbrains.jpg

Nano-Aug-7-2005.jpg

Okay, I was staring at my tank tonight and saw this huge ugly butt poking out of a live rock. This crab is huge (about two inches long!!) I don't know how I could have not seen this crab before.

bad-crab.jpg

bad-crab-2.jpg

Unfortunatly, my little anemone crab was on the same rock and he had fallen out during the process. He made it and I put him back in the tank (same hole he was living in too).

anemone-crab-2.jpg

Shesh, That reminds me of my mantis shrimp that came aboard some live rock, he must have been real small for me not to notice. 6 months later I have a 3 inch mantis shrimp that isn't scared to show himself, must have been getting hungry. It took 3 hours to catch him.

3 Hours!! holy shamolies!! I think it took me about 45 mins to get this guy out, and I really hope this is the last crab I find in my tank. I found a small crab last time, he looked harmless but he had to go, not taking any chances. Right now I have two anemone crabs that get to stay just as long as they don't disturb anything.

Hey everyone, just posting some more Pictures!! Recent aditions are: Pistol shrimp and goby pair in the ten gallon, a green chromis in the mantis tank. And then there is a picture of the mantis shrimp. I started the mantis tank about a week ago.

ShrimpGoby.jpg

GreenChromis.jpg

Mantis4.jpg

Mantis tanks are awesome and fun to watch for people that like to watch a killing spree...

I use to let him get nice and hungry then drop some ghost shrimp in there and boy he was a killing machine...

Even if he wasn't hungry he would kill them all just because they got close to his hole...

Mean little buggers, look so pretty through.

Was the chromis food? If so you might want to add snales or a bottom going fish for food looks like he is a smasher, might have a hard time catching the chromis.

Brandon

Back