Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc.

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc.

Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc. provides supplies and materials for salt and fresh water aquaculture.

I placed an order with them, totaling $129.31 (including standard ground shipping). They charged my debit card twice -- once for $114.13 and then for $60.95. And I received an email stating that my order valued at $60.95 has been shipped, FedEx overnight.

I've emailed them, and not had a response yet. It appears they decided to ship my order in two parts, and charged me overnight shipping both times! I was not asked if this was okay -- I would have said, "HELLS NO! Send it all in one package, ground!"

This website has a whole lot of neat stuff, it will be a shame if they screw this up. I'd hate to have to refuse their packages, contact my bank to have the charges reversed, then re-order from a different store. But that's what I'll do if they don't fix this -- an extra $50 for shipping! No effin' way!

accept the shipments and try to resolve it with them. If they don't make good on it call your credit card co and they will reverse the charge no problem.

Oooo. dont use a debit card online. You are protected with a CC but not so much with a DC.

If bad guys get a hold of it your screwed.

That's too bad because they look like they have some good stuff. I hope they come through otherwise I won't order from them either ( and I already saw some stuff I liked :()

You could always mention that if they don't come through. You are a mod on a board of fish people. May be worth a shot.

Oooo. dont use a debit card online. You are protected with a CC but not so much with a DC.

If bad guys get a hold of it your screwed.

I know. I usually don't use a debit card online, but this time I had enough money in my account that I didn't want to bother with a CC.

I know. I usually don't use a debit card online, but this time I had enough money in my account that I didn't want to bother with a CC.

I usually buy things with my points card and make an online payment the same day.

I had someone get a hold of a CC I used online and charge over 10K in cash advances. The back said if I have used my debit card it they probably would have got most of it back but I would have had to wait a couple weeks. :shock:

It actually took longer to clear up my CC but they suspended payments until it was done.

Last edited:
I was able to get in touch with them by phone today. They said that part of my order needed to be shipped overnight, so they did just that. I said I was not informed it needed overnight shipping, and did not authorize overnight shipping. They should have called me before they billed my card extra money.

Had I known I would have to pay an extra $45 in shipping for a $15 item, I would not have ordered it! The representative said I should have been prompted at checkout that I needed to pay for overnight shipping (but I wasn't). He said to email him my order confirmation to show that I did not pay for overnight shipping. I did that -- but I'm thinking, "What good does that do? They have the same order information that I do!"

Oh well. Still waiting to hear back... Hopefully they will refund my card the extra money. Lesson learned, no more debit card online...

That's pretty crappy of them. If it is not on your invoice you should diffidently NOT have to pay for the overnight shipping. And if they made the mistake and didn't want to eat it, then they diffidently should have contacted you BEFORE making an unauthorized charge to you card. That is fraudulent.

I was able to speak to a manager today. He was helpful, and said that their normal customer service person is away for the holidays, and someone else is filling in. He said what happened to me is not normal protocol. He said normally, when someone orders something that needs overnight shipping, the customer service rep is supposed to contact them BEFORE it's shipped, and give the customer the option of paying additional shipping, or cancelling that item. He was sorry no one called me before charging my card, and said it was because the person doing the customer service job is not their normal person and perhaps isn't familiar with how these things need to be handled.

He assured me that he would refund the extra $45, so now I am just waiting for the money to show up in my checking account again.

They sent me a pad of post-it notes and a ruler in the package... Nice, but odd freebies for this hobby?

Still haven't received my refund or the second part of my order, but I don't expect lighting speed with these things.

A ruler and post it notes. That's really funny. I guess they didn't know you needed a heavy duty 'Fish" shaped magnet to use for your bills on your refrigerator. :lol:

A ruler and post it notes. That's really funny. I guess they didn't know you needed a heavy duty 'Fish" shaped magnet to use for your bills on your refrigerator. :lol:

Only if it's heavy duty enough to double as a weapon for me to throw at NDB's head when he forgets to pay those bills!!

Haha!

I actually did get the refund yesterday, and it was the correct amount too. Their order came quickly, and was complete. And I got more post-it notes and rulers with it.

Besides the mix-up with the shipping, I am happy with this company, and would use them again (I probably will end up using them again when I need to order more clown breeding stuff).

Back