Are you kidding??!!

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
So my snail has been crawling under my anemone...the anemone doesn't seem too annoyed. Don't think much of it. Then a few days ago, I notice a long orange 'string' for lack of a better word. Also don't really think much of it. Well...my anemone finally got tipped to the side by the snail and I saw this:

attachment.php

Is my snail eating my anemone??!! Does anyone know what the heck is going on? Should I take the snail out? Does this mean the anemone is already dead? It doesn't look dead by any means... :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

Attachments

• IMG_8572.jpg
    IMG_8572.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 336
The snail might have been looking for algae growing under it, but I highly doubt you have a carnivorous snail. ;)

That looks like a ritteri anemone. They are 1 of the hardest anemones to keep alive. It's definitely not happy being it's foot isn't buried in the sand.

They told me it's a Long Tentacle Anemone. They said it was fairly hardy. Please don't tell me I got suckered again! Is it possible it's a Long Tentacle? I just dug out a hole in the sand for it....plopped it in...now I guess I'll see if it attaches. Any idea what I should do about the snail? Take it out?! Put it in my sump? UGH.

Back