Arrangeing of live rock and coral?

saltwater sasquatch

Reefing newb
I recently purchased my first couple pieces of coral. I rearranged my rock before adding the coral and was wondering if there was a particular way I should arrange the rock. Right now i have a high point in the middle of the tank and it drops to low points on the sides. I tried to post a pic but I am not sure if it was successful. If there is a better way or a certain way I should arrange it I would appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• s camera 029.jpg
    s camera 029.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,013
The arrangement is all up to you, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How many pounds if LR is that? A good rule of thumb is 1lb/gal., it can consist of a combination of base rock and live rock.

Sounds like your on the $$ with the lbs/gal. I'm sure you'll rearrange the rocks multiple more times to get it the way you'd like. I'm partial to "the wall" effect, LR stacked to the top. While other people like it spread out for more swimming room for their fish. Others create single, double or even triple islands. What kind of lighting do you have? If it's strong then you should be ok with corals near the bottom. If it's mid range or weak you'll need to get corals higher.

With those lights, corals will be fine at any level. I personally like the look of two small islands in the tank, with a pass through in between them. But how you stack your rocks is totally up to you.

I just got some mushrooms should I place them underneath a rock formation to give them shade or will they be fine out in the open? Sorry if I am asking dumb questions just don't want to lose my investments or make mistakes.

Mushrooms will do well wherever you place them, but since you have strong lighting, place them lower in the tank, preferably out in the open...they still need decent light that they may not get under a shaded area.

Back