ato

poolshark181

Reefing newb
curious what ato systems everyone uses. im looking at the jbj ato system, and the aquac medic sp 3000. dont want to spend 3 digits on one, i'll be dosing kalk through the ato system as well.

I use a gravity fed ATO. Parts for the entire thing cost less than $15. Only catch is, the reservoir has to be raised above the sump.

I just started researching them. Trying to figure out which one to get also. Does anyone know what the thingy is called that alarms when it gets wet. It usally is used for the water heater if it spings a leak.

I'm using a Tsunami AT-1.Simple set up.Its got one little sensor thats in the sump.Set me back a little over 70 bucks if I remember right.
I try to forget the cost of stuff before I get home from the LFS.

Piggy,
With mine,you have to buy the pump.But you can use a maxi-jet pump of you want.(thats what I did).
Its got one sensor that uses an airline tube.The single sensor tells the pump when to turn on and turn off.

I had the ATO for around 8 months now.It has worked flawlessly and no maintenance or anything else.You can use a MJ600 but I find that it pumps way to fast.I like how the aqualifter pump does it gradually.

I'm going to order one. You sold me on getting one. I thought they were super hard to set up. What did you use for the reservoir?

This thing runs on a air pump? Where can I order both from same place? All the sites I normally shop has one but not the other.

It shouldn't have any problems pumping three feet high.Mine is pumping about two feet up and about 5 ft away.Its only pushing water through a tiny airline tubing so it will push pretty far and high.It only max out at 3.5gph when ran 24/7.

i use jbj ATO in a ten gallon tank next to my sump with a maxi jet 1200 hooked up to it give me a minute and i'll snap a pic for ya and post it. I love it to works great.

here are quick pics, drain line has to be up in air so it does not start a siphon, one sensor in holding tank of top off water at minimal level so your pump won't run dry, and other at whatever level in sump or display tank you like. i keep in my return pump area of sump since that compartment is only area were water level flucuates from water evaporation. So water in all three areas of sump stay at baffle level 8 inches deep and when water in return pump are drops to about 6 inches it kicks on to fill it up quickly and than shuts off. i didn't want water level to get to low in return pump area cause than you get micro bubble problems in display tank.

IM001228.JPG

IM001227.JPG

IM001229.JPG

in this pic you can see water level at top of baffle in left side of pic and you see were float valve is in last section of sump.

IM001230.JPG

Back