Attack of the Killer Nemo

bkv1997

Reef enthusiast
Ok so i was picking up a fallen coral tonight when WHAM all of the sudden my true perc bit the living :pooh: out of me... I have a flesh wound tiny but it still broke the skin...

Scared the living you know what out of me since its not like i'm playing in the trigger tank..... anyways I quickly jerked my arm splashing water on my lighting sending thousands of pieces of glass all over my reef.

I have decided there is no way i'm going to get it all out tonight and am going to have a nice :Cheers: then off to bed.

Boy am I mad! I hate Nemo, anyone have an eel i have some food for you!

I hope someone can find humor in this.

BV

The glass shields on the lights.... luckily the bulbs didn't shatter.

Does anyone know if i can just use regular glass from lowes or does it need to be replaced with some type of tempered glass etc......

The way it shattered was much like safety glass millions of pieces with no sharp edges.

Any ideas?

Brandon

My first false perc would do the same thing when feeding my sun coral.My guess is he was defending his territory wich our hands are invading.Mine got swapped out out for new little tank bred one.Maybe look for a local glass shop,and take them a sample.

sounds like that fish is really settled in. my vote is for the eel. sorry to hear you damaged your lights. that must be "SOME KIND OF FISH"

Well here is an update on the event......

Tempered glass is about 30$ for a 12"x12" sheet, so i go to lowes and just buy regular glass thinking it might crack, but people put lights on top of 55 gallon glass tops all the time with no problem.... well 45 minutes after installing the glass from lowes....

Crack........ more glass in my tank now. :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:

So anyways just got of the phone with aqua medic... 10.25 a piece

Man people are proud of tempered glass.

Oh my goodness! This is what you were talking about last night!! Sorry I seemed confused, but I have just gotten over to this section of the forum today.

Wow, what a mess caused by a little bitty fishy. I keep a close eye on my maroon clown, because she's a little b*tch.

So sorry this happened to you.

That's funny. I was reading, and I had never seen some of the posters on here. DUH I didn't check the dates. I didn't know some clowns could break skin though! Mine are going through their dominance struggle right now....quite violent to each other! Can't wait to see who ends up the female :)

Back