attempting to save a BTA

eclipse_001

Reefing newb
this is my attempt to save a friends BTA he got it about two months ago and it was beautiful, i told him he needed different lights though. He informed me that the LFS person told him he had plenty of light and that he just needed to feed him about twice a week and all would be good, well much to his surprise ( but not mine ) his BTA slowly but surely was fading away, I finally convinced him to let me take it and nurse it back to health and that I would only return it to him once it was better and he got more powerful lights, here is a pic of the BTA as he has settled into my tank and I am starting to nurse this beautiful creature back to health. I will keep an updated photo as things go on, he is eating selco soaked silversides and mysid, I am feeding him on a daily basis right now until he gets more color back,

Attachments

• DSCN1863.JPG
    DSCN1863.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 218
I would cut that feeding back to maybe 2x/week at the most. It takes alot of energy to digest food and that anemone doesn't look like it has alot to spare. Sometimes feeding it can cause more stress than letting it recoup under better lighting and water quality.

Back