Baby Clown Trouble

Waterlover91

Reefing newb
I brought two baby clowns (false perculas) three days ago. Each are about 4 weeks to 6 weeks old. Unfortunately, when I brought them home and started acclimating them to quarantine I noticed the bigger one had something weird covering its tail. Like some sort of white slime. The tip of the tail was split into little strands. His body is darker than the other clown fish and has a dark spot around the head. As for behavior, he stays pretty much in a corner in the tank near the ground. Never goes away from the ground. He seems as if he was eating from the ground but he is not (at least not to my knowledge.) This makes feeding him a lot harder. Does anyone know what is wrong with him?

Unfortunately my baby clown fish died last night while I was about to turn off the lights. :( I will still like to know what he had so If I ever encounter another fish like this I would be able to treat it.

Last edited:
That sucks. Sorry to hear about it. It's very risky to buy juvenile fish, even tank bred ones. Try to stick with larger sized animals from now on and their survival rate will increase in your tank.

Back