Baby Slug Things

SoccerPro522

Reefing newb
I was looking in my tank last week and say a couple of these brown dots in the sand and on the rock and i just thought it was nothing but now they are everywhere. I looked at one really close and it looks like a slug or something they are the size of a grain of rice and they are everywhere. What should i do?

They are prolly pods which are normal and good. But to be sure if you can get a close up enough picture of one that would be better to try and make an ID. I'd hate to say pods only to find out you actually had flatworms.

i bet they are flatworms google them and if it is them get some flat-worm exit and lots of carbon to run in the tank after treatment

They are definitly flatworms... could they have come on the new pieces of live rock I got a couple weeks ago. I got them maybe 4 weeks before this boom of worms

If they are prolly pods, a mandarin fish will help keep the population down some. I kept a mandarin fat as butter on a colony of those things for a long time, he loved them.

Best Regards,
Wade B.

Oops, my bad - missed the last line of the thread somehow, so please excuse my stupid previous message....

Wade

Back