Baby suncorals?

aquariumgirl

Reefing newb
Hey everyone, I was looking at my tank last night and I noticed the very small yellow polyps on my LR, they are everywhere (mostly under overhangs). Could these be baby suncorals?? Here are a few pictures, I don't have a zoom on my camara so the pictures aren't very good.

Baby-suncorals-3.jpg

Baby-suncorals-2.jpg

Baby-suncorals.jpg

And mom (I think?) :D

suncoral4.jpg

could be, however my guess without better pictures is probably Protopalythoa sp. or Acrozoanthus sp. - Family Zoanthidae - Range Central indo pacific especially Indonesia. - This species is imported on live rock. The polyps are bright yellow with slender columns and long tentacles. - Feed on frozen plankton, brine shrimp and similar foods. polyps utilize their own zooxanthellae but they are also active feeders. - Do not place colonies of these corals near stony corals. this species will sting them and cause damage. - Strong lighting and a moderately strong water movement produce the best results.

Protopalythoa is the green zoanthid, right? and Acrozoanthus is the tree polyps? The little polyps I have are very bright yellow (I don't think it the green zoanthid), but their bodies aren't long and slender (more rounder) and the tentacles are long but sort of short. I'll keep trying to take a better picture, but my camara doesn't zoom :(

Parazoanthus sp (yellow polyps). sorry for any confusion. the other reply is from an older clasification and could very well still be correct. bright yellow is found in each of the names I have provided. exact identifiction is next to impossible even with a picture, but with a better picture maybe we could narrow it a bit.

It is hard tell but I thin they are yellow polyps as well.yellow polyps look a lot like sun coral tops.I got a small rock with one or two of them(yellow polyps)that I think my peppermint shrimp eat up.In the last month they are popping up everywere (no shrimp left).To my knowledge sun corals colony will expand but not repopulate elsewere.That is what I am seeing with mine

I'm pretty sure they are suncorals, here is another picture. It's not a very good one cause I don't have zoom, but is shows the color more (yellow/orange). Most stony corals spawn; sun corals, frogspawn, open brains, etc.

Baby-suncorals4.jpg

pretty exciting. lets wait and see when they are a bit bigger so we can get a good shot. you might try a large magnifying glass and take a pic through that. dont know if possible but a thought. zoom would be better though. well anyway keep us posted. and lets see what developes. good luck.

Back