back to choosing lighting

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Well, the catalina didn't work out so well, but kudos to Jim for agreeing to take it back without an arguement, although I had to eat shipping. I still want t5s up top, mainly due to heat and the fact that I don't want a canopy on top. What does everyone think two 36" teks would look like hung over a 180? Any other suggestions? The Aquactinics are way too expensive up here

I dont see any thing wrong with that Idea.Matter fact,that gives me a few more ideas for my lighting:grumble:like I need anymore running through my head right now.

A few minor things, first, the 72" does not come with plastic endcaps that allow for fans, there is no splashguard nor is there a way to put one on, and there seemed to be no way he could send me bulbs without them breaking. Not a huge deal, but when I touched the light and got zapped, I gave up. I could have torn the light apart and found the short myself, instead I just asked for a refund. Luckily Jim was OK with that, so the light went back yesterday.

I'm still not 100% sure (I gotta convince Mel), but it looks like I'll be getting the Aquactinics Constellation 14X39w. So much for ghetto..........

constellation is a good investment for your tank, wife wouldn't let me spend that much so i had to go with nova extreme pro.

I'm still not 100% sure (I gotta convince Mel), but it looks like I'll be getting the Aquactinics Constellation 14X39w. So much for ghetto..........

Good choice![better than the 2 Tek w/ 8 bulbs each fixture]

You still can ghetto rig moonlights,they don't have any.

Back