back to NITRATES !!!!

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
So I am thinking maybe that I have a bad test kit. There should be no way that my nitrates are off the charts again.. Well almost off the charts. I am also thinking that with all the "other" life forms int the tank that I didnt put there that either they are ok with the nitrates or again my test kit is bad.
As far as the "other" life forms.... I have TONS of isopods... big and small. And just last night seen my first large amphipod which means that there is probably more of them as well. Also have my first feather duster that I did not add to the tank. As far as I know high nitrates would kill most of these critters yet they seem to be thriving................

High nitrates doesn't necessarily kill copepods.I actually think they are very hardy,how else do some survive the whole cycling period.

Try a different tesk kit or have the LFS double check your readings.

Meh. Everything in my tank survived nitrate levels of 150+ for god knows how long (months...). It takes a while for nitrates to kill things. I second the opinion to take a water sample to the LFS before taking any action.

Back