Been wondering awhile

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Had these things in my tank a good while..
This one is a little hard to see. It's a green little thing..if you got those balloons they use to make balloon animals out of and shrunk them WAY the hell down, that's what this would look like, it's bright green.
112109013.jpg

This stuff was on the rock when I bought it. It's gotten quite a bit larger and despite the color in the picture it's a beautiful red color.
112109015.jpg

Lastly, these started springing up along the rock my mushrooms are on. There are handfuls of these that were not there awhile back. Some of them are black and fluffy, some of them just have little tendrils coming out.
112109014.jpg

Gotta do something about my mushrooms. They are a nasty color. They used to be nice and green..now they're kinda faded....

1st pick I can't see what you are asking about.
2nd pick looks like coraline algae. What does it feel like? could be cyno
Your mushrooms just need more light, they will color back up.

Thanks.

I'll try to get a better picture of the 1st thing.
The second thing is hard, but I thought coraline algae was smooth..sorta like a smooth thing. This stuff protrudes from the rock and as it does, it folds. Whatever it is, it's hard like rock. The third thing I was really wondering about where the little puffy looking black things. I'm thinking they're some kind of worm, not sure.

The mushrooms are under 250 watts of 10K MH. They're a total of 35" from the pendant. The pendant is 9" above the waterline. The tank is 26" down to the mushrooms.

Really wish I had a better camera.

Turn your flash off and tank lights on brite. Then just old the camera real steady, knee and two hands and even hold your breath, don't jiggle the camera.

I'll try to get some more pictures. The flash has to be on, otherwise you are unable to tell the true colors of stuff. My bulb makes almost everything brown(for a 10K, it's EXTREMELY yellow).

They could be getting to much light, mushrooms are a lower light coral?? what is your sg reading?

10K is a yellower light bulb the higher you go on the k rating the bluer you get.

Sg is 1.026-7

I know about the bulbs. I had ordered a Radium from Reefgeek but it burnt out in 5 days. Still waiting to see what's going to happen there. I just got the bulb out to them today.

Back