Benrys 90 gallon build

benry

Reefing newb
Im Finally starting to get somewhere!!! I just got home from a business trip and i came home armed with an accual camera, finally no more pictures from a cell phone :D This is what i have accomplished so far.
benry-albums-4-11-07-picture1126-imag0039.jpg

benry-albums-4-11-07-picture1154-imag0070.jpg

And this is what i have finally made it to
benry-albums-10-12-11-picture1401-dsc00030.jpg

I have ordered a silencer for the overflow, hopefully that will help because it makes a lot of noise the more I close the ball valve.
How am i suppose to put these tubes into a filter sock?
benry-albums-10-12-11-picture1402-dsc00031.jpg

its coming together very nicely, that stand could hold a truck!!! keep posting updates. you should have a moderator switch your thread to the tank showcase section. and where are you located in pa?

Sorry if i put this is the wrong place, Thanks for moving it. Yea, i think its strong enough ;-) about 45 minutes north of that fish place. Do you think i should redo the flex tubing with standard pvc?

Looks good! You don't have to redo the tubing if you don't want to. I've got my overflow plumbed with PVC but, my return was made with tubing just for it's ease of use.

Yea keep the tubing, thats what im working with for the overflow at the mo with my 125.
As for the filter socks, just zip tie it on, easy enough to take off.

Yea keep the tubing, thats what im working with for the overflow at the mo with my 125.
As for the filter socks, just zip tie it on, easy enough to take off.
Can you show me a picture of how you have this hooked up?

I think i might need to use a ball valve to restrict flow from the overflow, that will allow the tubing to fill with water instead of water and air. does that make sense?

I literally was building it. hahaha
But here it is, doesnt really matter where i put the T-Joint, its a gravity drain, so should have even flow on either side:

Overflow.jpg

Then just whack your filter sock on and put one of these round it:
Zip-ties.jpg

Last edited:
Back