Bet you haven't seen this before

Doc

I don't work for anybody
So there I was, posting on the LR website last night after my lights went out in my tank and what do I see??? A long cleaner shrimp literally attacking my emperor angel. It lept up from the bottom and scurried up to the top of the tank to clean the emperor. It was hysterical. I have never seen a shrimp so determined to clean before. The fish finally shook it off, but after about 10 seconds, it jumped up again from the bottom of the tank and attached itself for another round of cleaning. Here are the pics I could get. I am sorry for the low quality, but it was dark and I had to act fast to get the shots.

P9040001.jpg

and another one:

P9040002.jpg

oh, and another thing, did you know they don't have emerald entree or marine cuisine in the ocean? Yeah, cuz, the two emperors do not know what to do with a cube of frozen food, but when I tried a small handful of krill...BAM!!! They knew exactly what to do. Feeding problem O-V-E-R.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Man I wish I could have seen that in person. You have to be kidding, all my fish take frozen cubes. Maybe your fish came from the part of the ocean that doesn't have them. HUH wierd.

Dude, and all this time I thought that they dragged Emerald Entree up from the bottom using a giant net and just cut it into smaller cubes for the rest of us!

yeah, i saw that on discovery channel a few nights ago. i think mike rowe was narrating it. it was on right after deadliest catch.

i guess my fish have a bit of the recessive retard-gene in them. I hate 2 ruin your day, but it is true - no emerald entree in the ocean. Since I am at it, there is no tooth fairy, santa clause, or boogeyman either. The easter bunny is real though, as well as the great pumpkin. now that we all have urban legend taken care of, i have got to tell you, it was something else 2 watch that shrimp take off like that. the pic just doesn't do it justice. the fish was swimming all over and the cleaner held on for the full 8 secs. Something I thought only Yote could do.

You must have picked up the Flying Shrimp-ini's.. They are a uncommon troupe, but they are out there... Have fun playing ringmaster....

technically, it is developmentally disabled, or DDMR in my field. I prefer to refer to them as 'tards, as it warms my heart and reminds me of how my mom referred to me growing up...*sniff*. See, there you go, making me get all flustered and teary-eyed :sniffles:

NO...
NO...
Please...
STOP...
Your ruining my life. There is so the tooth fairy, and santa clause.

I work primarily with teens, and, yes, I am politically incorrect. When I work with adults, I reign it in quite a bit. Sometimes, adults can be stuffy and I want them to feel comfortable, so I restrain myself. People tend to take themselves WAY too seriously. There is definately a time and a place for serious - and when those times arrive, I step it up. Most of the time, people manage stress and life much better with a good chuckle.

As for the tooth fairy...sorry bud, hate to ruin your party. There is a way to order her on-line to come over to your place for a one-on-one party, but she doesn't really do much work with your teeth. Hope that is a consolation for you.

technically, it is developmentally disabled, or DDMR in my field. I prefer to refer to them as 'tards, as it warms my heart and reminds me of how my mom referred to me growing up...*sniff*. See, there you go, making me get all flustered and teary-eyed :sniffles:

Your twisted and I like it!

As for the tooth fairy...sorry bud, hate to ruin your party. There is a way to order her on-line to come over to your place for a one-on-one party, but she doesn't really do much work with your teeth. Hope that is a consolation for you.

You got the number handy Doc?

Back