Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Wheelie would like to show you the currently empty wall where the new tank will go. He was lured into the picture by promises of Wendy's Root Beer Frosty Float.

091809008.jpg

That pic reminds me, I have to replace that outlet now, before it gets dark (I have to turn off the power because I'm replacing the outlets themselves, not just the plate covers). A couple weeks ago, I started one room too late, and it got dark out, and I had to do it all using a headlamp. IT SUCKED!!

Nice, it's goin on tile. A lot better, I would assume, for those ever present spills/leaks. Do your cats like cheese sticks? Mine go crazy if they hear one getting opened.

Oh yes! My cats go nuts whenever they hear a plastic wrapper!

But on the tank front, minor setback. It appears the outlet behind it doesn't work :evil: I'll have to have NDB check it out tomorrow.

Is it just one of those outlets that's controlled by a light switch? I have one that the switch has to be "up/on" for power to be getting to it.

Nope, no switch :( I'll have to take a closer look at it when it's light out.

Another minor setback. This one not so minor. The tank didn't come with bulkheads. And I kinda need it set up by the end of the weekend. I asked the guy, he said the LFS is all out and won't be getting any in until next week. I already posted a want ad. There isn't anything I can get at Home Depot or Lowe's that will fit, is there?

looks great. that is what they call a center overflow my 75 said center overflow on the sticker and it is just like that

Well I just got home from Lowe's. I think I can do without the bulkheads, using ABS PVC instead. I got the stuff that I need for the 2 1/2" drain, but the stuff I bought was too big for the 1 3/4" return... So ironically, I'll have to return the return plumbing tomorrow and get a size smaller. I'm just going to have to make do and utilize a whole ton of silicone.

This sucks. I hate this tank already :(

well if you can do with out the bulkheads you will be able to open that tank up for some good flow without a bunch of power heads

Well, Lowe's opens in 10 minutes, and I'm rearing to go!

I think I'm actually going to switch gears (of course) and use vinyl tubing instead.

How do you stick the vinyl tubing to the bulkheads/unions? PVC glue? Silicone?

Back