Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Yeah my laptop is still down. NDB was working on it AGAIN last night. I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay someone to look at it :(

Okay pics, here are some pics.

The fish I have in it:
2 pajama cardinals
1 yellow tang
2 green chromis
1 green mandarin
2 tomato clowns
1 yellow tailed damsel
1 blue damsel
1 coral beauty angel
1 sixline wrasse

As you all know, four fish did not survive the move, the yellow eye kole tang, lyretail anthias, pink tail trigger, and leopard wrasse. :cry:

The only corals I have are ones that survived the last two years of tank neglect, haha! I have a large cabbage leather, a large colony of feather dusters, a colony of button polyps that survived two weeks in freshwater, and 6 or 7 different types of mushrooms. I'll be expanding my collection soon!

Here are some shots of the tank and its inhabitants.

IMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. I'm pretty much starting from scratch, the way I look at it. I am planning on filling the rest of the tank with nice zoas and LPS. Totally staying away from SPS altogether. I know I don't have the time required to properly keep them, so I'm not going to even try.

What's the difference between the 2 ? And how would a newbie know the difference when buying them ?

LPS stands for large polyp stony coral. SPS stands for small polyp stony coral. SPS are what you would think of if you imagined the stereotypical "branching" or "plating" corals. They have a hard calcium skeleton. Some of the more common ones are acropora and montipora.

LPS are fleshier. They include frogspawn, hammer, torch, bubble, fox, blastomussa, candy canes, trumpet, etc. They don't have the typical branching shape.

Look at some of the LPS and SPS pictures on this site, before you know it you'll have the most common coral types memorized!

Melev's Reef - Visual Identification

Great looking tank Biff, especially after all you've been through lately. It looks pretty darn good. If fact better than it should. Congrats on getting it all together.

Thanks all! I took pics of my "equipment room" tonight too. I started putting together the fuge. Hopefully that will be set up tomorrow, I have to let the silicone dry.

Thanks! I really haven't done anything except kill all my live rock and move all my mushrooms over from my old tank.

Tonight I noticed that one of my two pajama cardinals is missing his left eye!! Poor Peanut (the other one is Jelly. Get it -- pajama cardinal -- pj cardinal -- Peanut and Jelly? Oh man am I good!!).

Tonight during feeding, he was only able to eat food that floated by on his right side. I made sure to aim a bunch of it in his area in hopes that he'd get enough. His tail is a little shredded too. I hope he doesn't stop eating!!! My pair of PJs are some of the fish that I've had the longest.

Sorry to hear that...hope he makes it through. Now you can change his name from peanut to popeye...lol...yeah baby, I'm good too!

Back