Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

I went to my local frag auction yesterday. Picked up an orange ricordea for $5, a frag of pink and orange zoas for $3 and a two inch piece of hydnophora for $3!!! This is really the only way to shop when you're broke like me :). I offered to host one of the next meetings, so I'll have to get my set up in tip top shape. NoobDeBiff and I went to Lowe's last night and bought some wood to build a shelter for my skimmer (which, right now, sits right next to my tank). The shelter will hide the skimmer and give me shelf space. I'll start building it today!

For all of you who are aware of my DIY aptitude (or lack thereof), this should be fun...

Biff if you used nice plywood you could use it as a stand for the nano, just a thought. Cool deal getting involved with your local club. Thats something we should all do!

I can't use it as a stand because I have to be able to move it out. The skimmer is between the wall and the tank, so I'll have to be able to move the shelter to do maintenance on the skimmer.

Well that shoots my good idea for the day in the foot! How about some house plants? They would love all of the extra light.

ok... ok....... ok!!!!! its been far too long. just clean the freakin glass and take some pics! i want to see some non-shy color filled vlamingi vlamingi vlamingi pics!

is someone taking care of your tank ... or is it on auto pilot? i would freak out if i had to leave my tank for more than a couple of days :shock:

I'm in California doing some fieldwork for school. I'm going to be spending a lot of time here (and in Utah) throughout the summer. Far from a vacation :(.

Back