Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

Biff, a quick question: Do you have your skimmer elevated off the ground? And what kind of pump do you have pumping water to it?

I just got mine today, damn near flooded the house a couple of times. I had to put it on a chair to get the F'ing thing working right.

NewPort, I have mine sitting on a cinderblock. I only have it elevated enough for the vinyl tubing to be at the same level as the sump. I am using an Eheim 1260 as the pump for the skimmer.

Hey guys! Dang Biff! NICE tank. Thats all i can say right now.. i have to get caught up here in a bit.
Hey Altohombra - its cool enough here that water stays around for a couple hours but gets redeposited overnight.. soon enough though

I have penciled tank maintenance into my busy schedule for tonight. Hopefully I'll actually get it done. I have so much coralline on the front glass, it's sick.

Well it's been awhile since I've updated. Today the boyfriend surprised me with a blue bellied leopard wrasse!

http://www.bostonreefers.org/totm/200503/images/divided-leopard-wrasse-2.jpg

That's not him. He has been active all day since I added him to the tank (his name is Boo Boo), but as soon as I got out the MagFloat to clean the glass and take pics, he disappeared and hasn't come out since.

I also got a new clam a couple weeks ago. And Mandy the Mandarin is alive and well! As are my four out of nine original anthias, Tangent, and the rest of the crew. In fact, the only loss has been 2/3 of Alvin the Alveopora to the coral beuty.

I took pics tonight, but will try to catch a pic of Boo Boo tomorrow if he decides to come out.

glad to see you still have that tank. I haven't seen a post from you about it in a while. Hope things are still looking good

-Doc

Thats a pretty sharp looking wrasse Biff I like it. Have you ever kept a six-bar wrasse? Not the line I saw it on a fish ID site and thinks its gorgeous.

I finally got pics today of the new fish! He's a total ham. Loves the camera and is very photogenic. But I have to leave my house soon, so a pictoral update will come tomorrow when I can upload them to my laptop.

Okay here are some new pics.

This is my new clam, Clamelia. She joins my old clam, Clamantha.

0208002.jpg

This xenia forest started as one stalk about four months ago. Now it will hopefully make me some money once I take a razor blade to all of it.

0208004.jpg

My lone sunburst (fathead) anthia.

0208007.jpg

This GSP rock started off as a colony the size of a quarter. I traded this whole rock in yesterday for a rock full of mushrooms because they had already taken over a zoanthid colony and two ricordeas that had been nearby and I didn't feel like dealing with the GSP plague any longer.

0208014.jpg

Some of my anthias (lyretail and dispar):

0208018.jpg

0208023.jpg

0208031.jpg

My favorite zoanthid and *mystery* polyp colony (no one has been able to ID the red ones for me yet, not even the LFS):

0208022.jpg

0208029.jpg

Boo Boo the new leopard wrasse:

0208046.jpg

0208074.jpg

Mandy the mandarin (who, by the way, is extremely difficult to photograph):

0208061.jpg

0208058.jpg

Scissortail dartfish in front of the giant galaxea:

0208079.jpg

Big fox coral:

0208068.jpg

That's it for now.

Love the clam. Your xenias look like mine. So far I have them isolated on their very own island. Love the GSP rock. The fish look nice and bright. Looks like your other corals are growing.

Back