Biffy Finally Gets a Build Thread!

I guess I won't plan on visiting you then. I can't make it on the 17th. Sorry. have fun though. Don't forget to visit the Ceasar's palace aquarium

-Doc

yeah. that is why I think yellow tangs are garbage fish. they kill expensive, pretty fish....

-Doc

God I hope not. I don't allow REPUBLICANS into my house!!! ;)

hell yeah sister!

Now for the sailfin and yellow combo ~ I take it that the sailfin is alot smaller than the yellow?

Was the sailfin added to the tank at lights out.?

I have seen alot less aggression by adding livestock ( other than the damsels) when the lights go out

The sailfin is quite a bit smaller than the yellow tang. I added them after lights out. They were getting along at first, but a few hours Tangy started being ugly.

If it isnt Real Nasty leave em be, the yellow tang is just showing that it was there first, Slight jabs with tail spike are normal and will stop over time,

I here alot of bad things about yellows. man I must have got real lucky I love em ( hence I have 3 )

you know they are going to be trouble if they swim next to the other tang and batter them with their scalpel. Chasing is normal and not really problem. It is the along-side the other fish rapings that will kill them. I have seen it more times than I care to. Be your own judge, but the along-side, neck and neck lashings will not take long to kill the sailfin.

-Doc

Put up pics of em later when lights are on. I like the black fish with the blue stripes in DrMarco's pic of the month. Whats that one called Marco?

Hmm well the sailfin emerged once I got home from my movie. It's top fin is shredded to hell.

I highly doubt I'll be able to catch either one of them in this tank. And no way am I removing 500 lbs of live rock...

Any ideas?

prepare a funeral. Zebramosa tend not to accept any other tankmates of the same family. They are just bastards. There is just not much you can do. rearranging the rock is just not feasable in your tank, nor is trying to catch them. Sorry. I hate to hear about that. Maybe get rid of the yellow tang altogether and try again.

-Doc

Punks. I really thought they'd be able to get along in a tank this size. Catching either of them doesn't seem to be an option. The tank is just too big. I know, feel sorry for me, the tank is JUST TOO BIG!! ;)

I decided I'm not even going to try to recover bodies in this tank. If Sailfin doesn't make it, the starfish will get a snack.

Hmmmmm....I want a Purple and a Desjardini(both Zebras).What if I introduce them at the same time and the Purple being the smaller of the two?

I dont wanna feed bad advice.
My desjardini is sleightly larger than the new yellow
and quite a bit larger than the other two. and they do good.
There was a few lil face offs when i added the desjardini wih the two yellows but everything was fine after about 2 min.

I hate that your tangs are fighting biff that sucks.
I will be hoping for the best .

that is the only way I can think of it working. Just so you know, I added a purple AFTER I had placed in all other fish and it still killed three of my favorite fish (bastard). He was the same size tho. You will have better luck if you are adding a specimen that is smaller than the other zebramosa. I would look for a considerable difference, say three inches smaller. Many sailfin tangs around here are sold at about 6-7 inches. The average purple is 4 inches.

-Doc

Biff,
I thought I taught you how to catch problem fish?Its not that hard,plus its fun as hell.I mean how many folks actually can say they fish right there in the comfort of their house?
Hate to hear about your sail fin though.

Back