biocube flow

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
A lot of people have bee doing the upgraded pump and hydor flow deflector in their bio cubes. I currently have a maxijet 1200 and flow deflector in my 14g biocube.

I wanted to add another power head and couldn't decide between either a koralia nano or a small maxi-jet with another flow deflector. What do you guys think? What would give the best flow? I like the randomness of the deflector but would two of those be too much?

Hmm, do you have corals that typically like more flow? Or do you think you have any deadspots? You might just be dealing with personal preference for how you like things...I have 1 koralia in my 14 biocube and I feel like I have a lot of flow. I do not have the upgraded pump or the deflector. My Duncan blows around, my clownfish ride the current...it's hard for me to imagine more flow in there, the koralia really does a good job. So, you could try adding the koralia and see how you like it, seeing how you already have the deflector. But, again, I think it just boils down to personal preference.

Back