Biodarwin's 55 gallons of glory

ADD of the Rock Work
This added a lot of hiding spots. Everything is a lot more stable than before. It is also not stacked as high. I may cherry pick a few down the road to finish it up and try and cover the equipment better.

AddingNewRockday027.jpg

Last edited:
you really wanna wedge things in with your rocks. some fish like to dig etc and will cause cave in's. another guy wrote a thread on here about his caving in and landing on his anemone. so make sure everything is secure. as far as water changes i would do them just my opion as like yote said it will help preserve more critters etc on the rock.but you dont have to do a water change just keep an eye on it. if ammonia builds up it will kill itself out.:twocents:

Looks good Darwin.
I've found that aquascaping is a lot like laying mountain stone.The pieces will fit together like a puzzle,you just have to figure out which piece goes where.

OK here is the update lievstock list.

2 Naked or Fake Clownfish
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Firefish Goby

1 Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse
1 Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse

1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Skunk Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
Some sort of snails

The tank looks good,and I dont see anything wrong with your stock list.
That should make for a great looking set up.

Thanks I appreciate it.

So I made one more adjustment to the rock and I think I will order 20 more lbs of rock to finish it out. Here is a pic.

Misc008.jpg

I'm sure it will probably change by then too. I just quit smoking so needless to say this aquarium is my anti-drug for the moment. Definitely helps to have something to focus on.

Updated stock list: I decided those wrasse were 5" and probably too big for a 55 gallon so here is the updated list.

2 Naked or Fake Clownfish 6”
1 Yellow Watchman Goby 3”
1 Firefish Goby 3”
1 Radiant Wrasse 4.5”
1 Red Velvet Wrasse 3.5”

1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Skunk Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
Some sort of snails

so we have 2 new residence of the household. I got a pair of misbar perculas today!! Turns out I have a bad test kit. The readings have been weird so I took water samples to the LFS and everything was 0. I also grabbed a couple crabs and a couple snails for the clean up crew. My batteries died in my nice camera but I will take some pics here in a bit with my wifes.

Jeanie is in front, Pockets is in the back. I named them after the clowns my wife met at the mall when they had a kids day.

Firstfishies036.jpg

More shots of the clowns

Firstfishies008.jpg

Firstfishies044.jpg

Firstfishies046.jpg

Crabs

Firstfishies047.jpg

Snails

Firstfishies051.jpg

Full tank shot

Firstfishies011.jpg

Back